At Curnyn Physical Therapy, your health and well-being is our top priority.
We are monitoring recommendations from the health authorities and we are open to provide the personal care needed for our patients treatment and journey to recovery.
We would like to share some details on the standard daily practices which we have always had at our clinics in addition to extra steps we are taking in light of the virus.
Standard practices that our patients have always experienced at Curnyn Physical Therapy include:
- We are requiring only our staff to wear a mask at all times. While we still recommend that all patients wear a mask while in the clinic it is no longer required.
- All of our linens are single use and are cleaned using detergent on high heat
- Wiping down of all treatment beds and equipment after each use with hospital grade disinfectant
- Our clinics are fully equipped with hand washing stations as well as hand sanitizer.
- Cleaning high-touch areas with medical grade disinfectant (e.g., door handles, common area surfaces, railings, chairs, light switches, payment machines, exercise equipment and treatment tools)
- Our staff wash their hands thoroughly between treating each patient
Additional steps we are taking now include:
- We are limiting the number of patients that we are seeing at any given time. This has not been mandated, but we feel it is for the best. This allows us to keep our patients at least 8 feet apart, which is further than the CDC recommendation of 6 feet.
- We would also like to remind everyone that Texas updated their laws last year and that our patients are now allowed to come directly to us without going to the doctor's office first. This is an ideal time since it ensures hospitals and doctor's offices can remain available to those who need them, and reduces your potential exposure.
- Additional training to our staff on increased sanitization/hand hygiene recommendations
- Advising our staff to stay home if they are feeling unwell or have travelled by air in the last 14 days or have had close contact with someone who has travelled by air in the previous 14 days
- Increasing the frequency of cleaning all items listed above
- We have discontinued the use of hot packs for the time being. (This is simply an overabundance of caution to avoid using any item that may be difficult to disinfect)
- Monitoring information from our health authorities to adjust our plan based on recommendations
We know that the COVID-19 virus can be alarming and a bit scary. At Curnyn Physical Therapy, we see this as a partnership journey with you as we make it a priority to take care of each other.
The steps that we have put in place are due both to our love for our patients but also for our great staff who are here for our patients.
We can all play a role in this joint battle with the virus.
We respectfully request that our patients:
- Wash their hands prior to entering our facility and also wash you hands when you arrive.
- Reschedule appointments for a future date if you are feeling unwell.
- We are requiring all non patients to avoid staying in the clinic during visits. We understand that many of you receive rides to PT, and with some children being out of school this can be difficult. Please reach out to us if this an issue so we can make individual accommodations
Here are some tips that we can all follow in our daily lives:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and warm water (for at least 20 seconds). Alcohol based hand sanitizer is a good option if soap and warm water is not available
- Cover your mouth and nose with the inside of your elbow when coughing or sneezing
- Regularly clean high touch objects and surfaces
- Avoid contact with people who are sick
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- If you feel sick, stay home and avoid public spaces
If you are concered about additional interactions, whether it is with our staff at check-in, or with others in the lobby, we have a solution for that. If you call us when you are in the parking lot, we can text you when your therapist is ready to see you. This way our patients can walk in, wash their hands, and go directly to see their therapists. We have also taken steps to minimize staff crossover and only have essential personnel in the clinic at this time.
At Curnyn Physical Therapy, the health of our patients is the cornerstone of why we exist. We look forward to continuing to be a partner in your health and wellness journey and taking steps with our patients to create a healthy and sanitary environment.
If you have any additional concerns, or wish to request any additional precautions be taken during your visit, please don't hesitate to reach out.
The team @ Curnyn Physical Therapy